Will Smith, star of Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of Aladdin, took to his social media accounts to share the poster for the new film.
- Smith will play the Genie in the remake of the 1992 Disney Animated Classic, a role previously voiced by Robin Williams.
- Following the Aladdin poster “leak,” it was also announced that a first look at the film would arrive tomorrow.
- Guy Ritchie is set to direct the new film and John August wrote the screenplay.
- The live-action remake of Aladdin is set to premiere in theaters May 24, 2019.
- Mena Massoud as Aladdin
- Naomi Scott as Jasmine
- Marwan Kenzari as Jafar
- Billy Magnussen as Prince Anders
- Navid Negahban as the Sultan
- Nasim Pedrad as Dalia
- Numan Acar as Hakim
ICYMI – More live-action Aladdin news:
- Back in March, it was announced that La La Land songwriters Benj Pasek and Justin Paul would work with composer Alan Menken on two songs for Aladdin, and in August they shared details on the collaboration.
- Late last year, the release date for Star Wars: Episode IX was pushed back from May to December with Aladdin taking its place.
- Filming began on the live-action remake back in September of last year.