FX has announced that their X-Men spinoff series, Legion, will be ending after its third season this June, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- FX made the announcement today at the Television Critics Association press tour.
- According to FX CEO John Landgraf, Legion creator Noah Hawley had always planned for the series to follow a three-season arc and he is sticking to that plan.
- The announcement comes after the series suffered a dramatic drop in ratings from season one to season two, with same-day viewership falling by more than half to 430,000.
More on Legion:
- Legion is an offshoot of Marvel’s iconic X-Men franchise, telling the story of David Haller whose history of psychiatric issues lead to his discovery that he has mutant powers.
- Dan Stevens as David Haller
- Rachel Keller as Syd Barrett
- Aubrey Plaza as Lenny Busker
- Bill Irwin as Cary Loudermilk
- Amber Midthunder as Kerry Loudermilk
- Jeremie Harris as Ptonomy Wallace
- Jean Smart as Dr. Melanie Bird
- Jemaine Clement as Oliver Bird
- Katie Aselton as Amy Haller
- Navid Negahban as Amahl Farouk
- Hamish Linklater as Clark
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- A new TV spot for Avengers: Endgame debuted during last night’s Super Bowl.
- Disney Cruise Line will continue to take guests on themed adventures in 2020. Today they announced dates for next year’s Star Wars and Marvel Day at Sea cruises.
- Become something more and run like a hero during this summer’s runDisney Virtual Series. Themed to Marvel super heroes, this year’s series promises to be epic.
- Disney Announced that Marvel’s Black Panther will return to the big screen in celebration of Black History Month, for a special one-week engagement.
- ABC has released a first look at the upcoming sixth season of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., featuring all of your favorite characters like Quake, Mack, May and even Coulson.