Become something more and run like a hero during this summer’s runDisney Virtual Series. Themed to Marvel super heroes, this year’s series promises to be epic.
- Disney’s 4th annual runDisney Virtual Series will be kicking off this summer and Marvel has shared the exciting news the theme will celebrate 80 Years of Marvel.
- The event goes from June 1-August 31, with registration opening on May 7th at 10:00 am ET on runDisney's website.
- Fans can choose from three different Marvel-themed 5Ks to complete at home.
- Those looking for a heroic challenge can sign up to participate in all three to earn a bonus medal.
- The themes for the 2019 runDisney Virtual Series include:
- Virtual June 5K – Captain Marvel
- Virtual July 5K – Iron Man
- Virtual August 5K – Black Panther
- Challenge – Marvel 80th Anniversary
- One benefit to the virtual series, is that participants can choose to run, jog, or walk, where they are most comfortable.
- Whether it be on a treadmill, around the neighborhood, or at another nearby location, fans can take part in the runDisney Virtual Series on their own, or get friends, family and even pets involved.
- The runDisney Virtual Series is a great way for someone to get started running and to get a taste of a runDisney event.
- It’s also a fun way for experienced runners to train for their upcoming runDisney races at Disney Parks.
- 2019 will mark the first time Captain Marvel, Iron Man, and Black Panther have been used as themes for the runDisney Virtual Series!
- In addition to a medal, participants in the 2019 runDisney Virtual Series receive a digital race bib and a finisher certificate.
- There will also be a commemorative item for Challenge participants, which will be revealed at a later date.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning