Edie Falco, star of series like The Sopranos and Nurse Jackie, has signed on to join James Cameron’s long-awaited Avatar sequels, according to Variety.
- While not much information regarding her character has been revealed, Falco will reportedly play a general in the upcoming sequels.
- The first sequel is planned to hit theaters December 18, 2020, with the next three films following on the same weekend over the next few years:
- Avatar 3 – December 17, 2021
- Avatar 4 – December 20, 2024
- Avatar 5 – December 19, 2025
- The Avatar sequels will be produced by Cameron and Jon Landau, through their Lightstorm Entertainment company.
- Returning stars will include Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, and Sigourney Weaver.
- Cameron, Josh Friedman, Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver, and Shane Salerno wrote the scripts.
- Falco is an accomplished actress and is the only one to have won the Emmy Award for best actress in both the drama and comedy categories for her work in The Sopranos and Nurse Jackie respectively.
More on the Avatar sequels:
- BBC reported potential titles for the Avatar sequels:
- The Way of Water
- The Seed Bearer
- The Tulkun Rider
- The Quest for Eywa
- Cameron and Fox announced ahead of the opening of Pandora – the World of Avatar, that the four new films are planned for release in December 2020, December 2021, December 2024, and December 2025.
- Avatar remains atop the list of all-time box office winners, earning $2.8 billion worldwide when the film hit theaters in 2009.