As the multi-year transformation of Epcot continues, today the Disney Parks Blog announced two new projects coming to the park: a new play pavilion coming to the former Wonders of Life along with a new entrance and experience.
New Play Pavilion:
- The new area with “first-of-their-kind experiences devoted to playful fun, inviting guests into an innovative, interactive city bursting with games and hands-on activities.”
- Guests will interact with favorite Disney characters in an energetic metropolis
- These experiences will be located at the former Wonders of Life pavilion, which has also served as a festival center in recent years.
- The pavilion will debut in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary (October 2021)
- As was previously announced, changes are coming to the Epcot main entrance
- The plaza will welcome guests with new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain.
- This new design will pay homage to the original park entrance with fresh takes on classic elements.
- As part of this new entry experience, Leave A Legacy photos will move just outside the park’s gateway.
- Additional significant redevelopment will begin between Spaceship Earth and World Showcase Promenade
- More details will be released in the future
- A new Experience Center will act as a preview center in the recently remodeled Odyssey Events Pavilion.
- It will feature “engaging and interactive exhibits that showcase the relentless innovation, energy and excitement driving the future of the park all throughout this unprecedented period of transformation.”
- It is unknown what impact it will have as a “Festival Center” during the park’s seasonal events.
What They Are Saying:
- George A. Kalogridis, president, Walt Disney World Resort: “Epcot has always been, and always will be, an optimistic celebration of the real world that is brought to life through the magic of Disney. The exciting plans we have on the horizon will honor Epcot’s rich legacy of creativity and innovation while continuing to exceed the expectations of our guests for decades to come.”
- Zach Riddley, portfolio executive, Walt Disney Imagineering: “This innovative, new pavilion is beyond anything we’ve ever created and is completely unique to Epcot. Built on the power of play, it introduces an immersive and interactive ‘city’ where you can explore, create and interact with some of your favorite Disney characters. This is an experience worthy of our bold vision for Epcot – and another signature element of our transformation.”
Other Future Epcot Experiences:
- Guardians of the Galaxy Roller Coaster: This new experience will be one of the longest enclosed roller coasters in the world and feature a brand-new ride system when it also opens in time for the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure: In the France pavilion, patterned after the number-one family attraction at Disneyland Paris
- Circle-Vision 360: New film in China and update in Canada
- New Japan Restaurant: New signature dining experience
- Space-Themed Table-Service Restaurant: New location adjacent to Mission: SPACE inviting guests to travel high above the earth for an unforgettable dining experience
- Epcot Forever: A limited-time nighttime show that celebrates the heritage and music of Epcot
- New Nighttime Spectacular: Celebrates the global impact of Disney music.
- For updates on these projects and other experiences coming to Walt Disney World, be sure to check out our Project Tracker.