Knowing that Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this spring, has our hearts racing with excitement! To make things even better, Disney has announced that Pixar staple, John Ratzenberger will be back to voice Lightning’s buddy, Mack.
- The Disney Parks Blog shared the news that actor John Ratzenberger has joined the voice cast of Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy.
- The actor will reprise his role as the voice of Mack, the freight truck who happens to be McQueen’s closest companion.
- Ratzenberger is considered Pixar’s “lucky charm,” having contributed his talents to every Pixar Animation Studios feature film.
- He was recently back in the studio to once again give voice to Mack for Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy. Take a look:
- When guests enter the theater, Mack and Sally Carrera will welcome all the rookie racers and test their knowledge of Lightning McQueen as they take their seats and get ready for the show.
About LIghtning McQueen’s Racing Academy:
- The high-octane show debuting March 31, is part of the overall transformation of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Guests will come face-to-face with racing legend Lightning McQueen and also see and hear from his friends Cruz Ramirez, Tow Mater and more.
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is the result of a close collaboration between the teams at Disney Parks Live Entertainment and Pixar Animation Studios, creating an all-new story set in the world of Cars.
- The show features many of the original voice talents from Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 and other films in the franchise.
- In fact, last month, the Disney Parks Blog caught up with Larry the Cable Guy, who performs the role of Mater to talk about the show:
Fuel up and rev your engines, because the fun starts when Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy opens on March 31 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! For more information and pictures of the new attraction, visit our Project Tracker page.