This morning Marvel released a new poster for Avengers: Endgame featuring the heroes who survived the snap. However, even though she was pictured with the rest of the cast, actress Danai Gurira’s name was missing from top billing. Fans rallied, and Marvel responded releasing a new poster that included her name.
- Polygon is reporting that, Marvel has made a correction to their new poster for Avengers: Endgame.
- The original poster that debuted this morning featured the names of the starring cast, and included all of the actors pictured, except for Danai Gurira.
- Gurira joined the MCU playing Okoye, General of the Dora Milaje, in 2018’s outrageously successful, Black Panther.
- Gurira also appeared in Avengers: Infinity War and was one of the survivors of the “snap.”
- Fans noticed the absence of her name and inquired about it on Twitter and other social media sites, prompting Marvel to respond quickly.
- Marvel rectified the error tweeting the updated poster and saying, “She should have been up there all this time.”
— Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) March 14, 2019
Good to know:
- It should be noted that Gurira’s name was featured in the text block at the bottom of the poster along with other actors not pictured including:
- Gwyneth Paltrow
- Benedict Wong
- Jon Favreau
- Polygon points out that credit billing is usually a complicated process and is dependent on many factors.
- They believe that Gurira not initially receiving top billing is likely, “less of a conscious decision than the ramifications of dealing with agents, fees, and movie star demands.”
Catch Danai Gurira’s Okoye and the rest of the Avengers in action on April 26 when Avengers: Endgame arrives in theatres.