Disney has shared some new details about how they plan on increasing parking capacity due to expected demand due to the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
Pixar Pals Parking Structure:
- The new parking structure next to the existing Mickey & Friends Parking Structure will be named for Pixar Pals
- The levels will be named after films, bucking the trend of naming parking areas after characters:
- Level 1: Incredibles (Including access to trams)
- Level 2: Coco (Including walkway to Disney Parks & Downtown Disney)
- Level 3: Cars
- Level 4: Monsters Inc.
- Level 5: Finding Nemo
- Level 6: Inside Out
- The structure will feature over 5,000 parking spots.
- Will feature an electronic parking system
- Expected to open no later than the end of July
Toy Story Lot Expansion:
- Adding 2,000 additional parking spots by expanding into the area currently known as the Katella Cast Member Lot
- Security screening tents will be added to allow screening prior to shuttle boarding
- To make way for this expansion, the Pumbaa parking area will be expanded for additional cast parking and will now be known as the Manchester Cast Member Lot
Other Capacity Projects:
Other work is being done to improve guest flow for expected demand:
- Work has now begun to open up the walkways in the Hub.
- Enhancing curbs with slow inclines
- Softening corners on planters
- Changed to the Adventureland marquee to improve guest flow
- Rules changes such as limiting the size of strollers.