A new news documentary series from The New York Times will debut this spring on FX. The Weekly will explore some of the biggest issues and most pressing issues societies around the world are facing. The new show will launch in June on FX and Hulu.
- Last week the FX Network shared a teaser trailer for their upcoming documentary news series, The Weekly.
- This weekly news show from The New York Times will debut June 2 on FX and June 3 on Hulu.
- Each 30-minute episode will cover one of the most current and important issues our society is facing.
About The Weekly:
- The Weekly is a new documentary TV series from The New York Times, bringing unparalleled journalism to the screen.
- Each half-hour episode features a Times journalist investigating one of the most pressing issues of the day.
- With more than 1,550 journalists reporting from 160 countries each year, the Times publishes 250 stories a day including investigative reports, political scoops and cultural dispatches.
- Each week, The Weekly chooses to tell one of these stories in a visual and unforgettable way.
- The Weekly is The New York Times’ first major foray into TV news, and will premiere on Sunday, June 2 at 10 p, ET/PT on FX, with exclusive streaming premieres available on Hulu the following day.
- The Weekly is produced by The New York Times and Left/Right.
- Executive producers are:
- Mat Skene
- Jason Stallman
- Sam Dolnick
- Stephanie Preiss
- Ken Druckerman
- Banks Tarver
Other new FX shows:
- Limited series, Fosse/Verdon made its debut on April 9th. The show stars Sam Rockwell as legendary choreographer, Bob Fosse, and Michelle Williams as his wife and actress Gwen Verdon.
- Dark comedy, What We Do in the Shadows premiered in late March and focuses on a group of vampires living in Staten Island. Check out Mack’s review of the new series.