FX has released a teaser trailer for their upcoming new limited series Fosse/Verdon, starring Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams.
- FX has announced that Fosse/Verdon will premiere on April 9th.
- The first episode will air at 10 pm EST on FX.
- FX offers the following description of the new series:
- Bob Fosse (Rockwell) is a visionary filmmaker and one of theater’s most influential choreographers and directors. Gwen Verdon (Williams) is the greatest Broadway dancer of all time. Fosse/Verdon will tell the story of these two brilliant, complicated individuals – the love they shared, the art they created, and the price they paid in the pursuit of greatness.
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, the limited series is based on Sam Wasson's biography titled Fosse.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda will be one of the executive producers on this new series.
- Steven Levenson serves as the showrunner and will also executive produce alongside director Thomas Kail, Rockwell, Williams and George Stelzner.
- Fosse and Verdon's daughter, Nicole Fosse, will also serve as a co-executive producer.
- Aside from Rockwell and Williams, the cast will also include Norbert Leo Butz, Margaret Qualley, Aya Cash, Nate Corddry, Susan Misner, Bianca Marroquin, Kelli Barrett, Evan Handler, Rick Holmes, Paul Reiser, Ethan Slater, Byron Jennings and Laura Osnes.
- Fosse/Verdon will premiere Tuesday, April 9 at 10:00 pm EST on FX.