Actor Joel Fry has reportedly joined the cast of Disney’s live-action Cruella. Fry will take on the role of Jasper opposite Paul Walker Hauser’s Horace.
- According to Deadline, actor Joel Fry is reportedly set to join the cast of Disney’s live-action Cruella as puppy thief, Jasper.
- The film is set to star Emma Stone as the villainess, Cruella de Vil, along with Emma Thompson in an unknown role.
- Earlier, it was announced that Paul Walter Hauser was in talks to join the cast as well. Deadline now reports that Hauser will play Cruella’s other henchman, Horace.
- Cruella is based on the animated classic 101 Dalmatians and joins a long list of Disney films being reimagined as live-action for a new generation. The most recent release was The Lion King.
Why you know him:
- Joel Fry’s screen credits include:
- Paddington 2
- Game of Thrones (Hizdahr zo Loraq)
- The upcoming Love, Wedding, Repeat
Cruella creative team:
- Directed by:
- Craig Gillespie (I, Tonya)
- Produced by:
- Marc Platt
- Kristin Burr
- Andrew Gunn
- Current version written by:
- Tony McNamara
- First draft written by:
- Dana Fox
Cruella is slated to debut in theatres on December 23, 2020.