Marvel and SiriusXM have announced a multi-year agreement under which Marvel will create a substantial amount of exclusive podcasts for SiriusXM and Pandora.
- The new deal will feature both scripted and unscripted series, themed live events, and much more, premiering in 2020.
- Many of Marvel’s most popular podcasts will also debut on SiriusXM and Pandora before they can be heard anywhere else.
- Included in the new slate of programming will be four new 10-episode scripted series, based around iconic characters like:
- Black Widow
- There will also be a fifth scripted series in which all four of those heroes team up.
- New content will also include unscripted podcasts that look at Marvel’s rich history through a modern-day lens of pop culture, podcasts dedicated to popular Marvel franchises, and talk shows, including an interview show that will feature famous celebrity guests.
- Marvel and SiriusXM launched their join initiative in August with an exclusive music station and limited-time channel, “Marvel’s 80th: The Road to Marvel Comics #1000,” to celebrate 80 years of Marvel.
What they’re saying:
- Dan Buckley, President of Marvel Entertainment: “Powerful stories are read, seen, and heard—and we believe audio is the next natural step to bring the Marvel Universe to fans around the world. Storytelling has always been at the heart of Marvel’s success, and SiriusXM and Pandora have the right platform and expertise to bring Marvel’s rich tapestry of stories to listeners in a whole new way. We are excited to introduce an impressive roster of programming with SiriusXM and Pandora, and we can’t wait to share more details in the weeks and months to come.”
- Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM’s President and Chief Content Officer: “Whether in movies, TV or other media, Marvel has been a success everywhere it goes, employing a level of quality and pop culture brilliance that organically draws massive audiences, and they are bringing that creative genius to SiriusXM and Pandora. We chose Marvel for our first major foray into creating original podcasts, and are thrilled to have Marvel create new audio programming and curate top quality podcasts for SiriusXM and Pandora. Under our new creative collaboration with Marvel, we’ll now provide our subscribers and listeners and Marvel fans a breadth and depth of podcasts that will be an immersive adventure into the iconic Marvel universe.”