FX has announced that the network has picked up a third season of Mayans M.C., just ahead of the finale of its second season, according to Deadline.
- FX also confirmed that co-creator and executive producer Elgin James will serve as showrunner for the series’ third season after former showrunner Kurt Sutter was fired from the series last month.
- The third season is planned to premiere in fall 2020 on FX.
- Mayans M.C. stars:
- JD Pardo
- Clayton Cardenas
- Edward James Olmos
- Sarah Bolger
- Michael Irby
- Carla Baratta
- Antonio Jaramillo
- Raoul Max Trujillo
- Richard Cabral
- Danny Pino
- Emilio Rivera
- Mayans M.C. is produced by Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions.
What they’re saying:
- Nick Grad, President of Original Programming at FX Entertainment: “We’re happy to continue telling the story of Mayans M.C. with our partners at Fox 21 and excited that Elgin James has earned the opportunity to become the series showrunner. Kurt Sutter identified and chose Elgin as his partner on the show from the outset, and Elgin has been instrumental to the success of the series, leveraging his experience and creative vision to make Mayans M.C. with this incredible cast, crew and creative team.”
- Bert Salke, Fox 21 TVS President: “Keeping this vibrant series strong is a huge priority to everyone at Fox 21 Television Studios, FX Productions and of course FX, which has been a spectacular home and platform for both Mayans M.C. and Sons before it.”
- Kurt Sutter, in a recent interview with Deadline: “Moving forward, I asked (Elgin) to please not channel me. To work with the studio and network to find the key talent he needs to succeed. To bend but not to break. His main job now is to stabilize the show. Create an environment where cast and crew feel safe, supported and confident about the work. I truly believe that Mayans M.C. will be a better show without me.”