According to photos posted on social media, it seems that a Jungle Cruise boat at the Magic Kingdom took on water while guests were on-board. [Editor’s note: updated at 3:15 p.m. ET on February 27, 2020 with a statement from Disney]
- Reports are surfacing that a Jungle Cruise ride vehicle took on water, leading guests on board to stand on benches.
- A photo posted by Twitter user @synewaves (seen below) appears to show guests standing with their feet partially submerged.
- From this photo, it seems the boat involved is also one that equipped with a wheelchair ramp.
— Matthew Vince (@synewaves) February 27, 2020
- At this time, there does not seem to be any reports of injury from the incident.
- According to the Walt Disney World app, the attraction is currently operating.
- Asked by Laughing Place for a statement regarding the incident, a Disney spokesperson responded, “A boat took on some water. Reedy Creek Fire Department responded immediately to this event. Everyone got out of the boat safely. We worked with guests individually so that they could enjoy the rest of their day in the park. The attraction has reopened.”