Disney+ has greenlit a new documentary series about parenting currently titled Parenting Without Borders. The series will star and be produced by actress and entrepreneur Jessica Alba.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- Deadline has shared the exclusive news that actress Jessica Alba is attached to star in and executive produce Parenting Without Borders (working title) for Disney+.
- The streaming service greenlit the documentary series based on the non-fiction book of the same name by author Christine Gross-Loh.
- Deadline says “Parenting Without Borders is described as Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown for parenting” with the series filmed in several locations across the globe.
- Alba is an actress, producer, entrepreneur and mother of three. For this project, she will visit with families around the world to learn how different cultures parent and raise children and the practices and beliefs that shape the modern family.
About Parenting Without Borders:
- “Parenting Without Borders: Surprising Lessons Parents Around the World Can Teach Us takes readers across the globe and examines how parents successfully foster resilience, creativity, independence, and academic excellence in their children.”
- Along with Alba, Parenting Without Borders will be executive produced by:
- Andrew Fried of Boardwalk Pictures
- Dane Lillegard of Boardwalk Pictures
- Jamie Patricof of Hunting Lane
- Doug Banker of Five All In The Fifth
- Trevor Engelson of Underground
- Kathryn O’Kane (Netflix’s Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat) will serve as director and showrunner.
- Earlier this year, Disney’s Agnes Chu revealed that four series that are currently in the works at Disney+ including two docuseries for Pixar and National Geographic.