In keeping with their trend of releasing their movies early during the spread of COVID-19, Disney has announced that Pixar’s Onward will be available on digital in the U.S. tonight (March 20) and will be coming to Disney+ on April 3.
— Disney+ (@disneyplus) March 20, 2020
- Onward only made its theatrical debut on March 6 and will be available on Disney+ less than a month later.
- The move comes less than a week after Disney made the surprising decision to bump up the Disney+ release of Frozen 2 by three months.
- Can’t wait for April 3? You can preorder Onward now.
- According to Disney, the digital release will be available at 5:00PM PST /8:00PM EST and will cost $19.99
- Check out Alex’s review of the latest Disney-Pixar film.
What they’re saying:
- Dan Scanlon (Director) and Kori Rae (Producer): “While we’re looking forward to audiences enjoying our films on the big screen again soon, given the current circumstances, we are pleased to release this fun, adventurous film to digital platforms early for audiences to enjoy from the comfort of their homes.”
- “Set in a suburban fantasy world, Pixar’s Onward introduces two teenage elf brothers who embark on an extraordinary quest to discover if there is still a little magic left out there”
- Pixar Animation Studios’ all-new original feature film is directed by Dan Scanlon and produced by Kori Rae—the team behind Monsters University.
The film stars:
- Tom Holland
- Chris Pratt
- Julia Louis Dreyfus
- Octavia Spencer
- Ali Wong
- Mel Rodriguez
- Lena Waithe