With Disney shifting the release dates for their upcoming slate of films today, Sony has decided to swing the Spider-Man: Far From Home sequel release as well. The upcoming addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe will be pushed back a month to December 17, 2021, according to Deadline.
- The next Spider-Man film was previously set to be released on November 5, 2021.
- With Disney moving the long-awaited Avatar 2 from December 17, 2021 to December 16, 2022, Sony decided to move their film into the holiday season release date.
- The film will of course be a co-production between Disney and Sony, as has been the case for the previous two Spider-Man films.
- While we don’t yet know the name of the next Spidey movie, we do know Tom Holland will return as the web-slinger.
More changes to Disney’s schedule:
- Mulan currently unset
- The French Dispatch currently unset
- Antlers (was slated for Spring 2020 now Feb. 19, 2021)
- The Last Duel (was Dec 25, 2020 now Oct. 15, 2021)
- Untitled Disney Live action now scheduled for Dec. 17, 2021 in place of Avatar 2
- Avatar 2 (was Dec. 17, 2021 now Dec. 16, 2022)
- Avatar 3 (was Dec. 22, 2023 now Dec. 20, 2024)
- Avatar 4 (was Dec. 19, 2025 now Dec. 18, 2026)
- Avatar 5 (was Dec. 27, 2027 now Dec. 22, 2028)
- Untitled Star Wars (was Dec. 16, 2022 now Dec. 22, 2023)
- Untitled Star Wars (was Dec. 20, 2024 now Dec. 19, 2025)
- Untitled Star Wars (was Dec. 18, 2026 now Dec. 17, 2027)
- Untitled 20th Century Studios for Oct. 1, 2021
- Untitled 20th Century Studios for Oct. 22, 2021
- As for the remainder of 2020, at this time, Disney still has nine films on their fall/winter release schedule:
- Of course those dates could change in the coming weeks, but for now, Disney has not shared any plans to delay the movies.