Lucasfilm has announced their plans for their 50th anniversary in 2021, which will include special edition product releases kicking off in January.
- George Lucas founded Lucasfilm Ltd. in 1971, producing blockbusters including the Star Wars and Indiana Jones films.
- Lucasfilm has a long history of technological innovations that have shaped the rest of the film industry, a legacy that continues to this day.
- In celebration of its 50th anniversary, Lucasfilm will be releasing limited edition Star Wars products starting in January 2021.
- The celebration will also include new releases that include games and books from Lucasfilm Publishing.
- Fans can also visit Lucasfilm.com throughout the year to enjoy historical articles and updates on current projects like the Disney+ original series Willow.
What They’re Saying:
- Paul Southern, Lucasfilm senior vice president, Licensing and Franchise: “Consumer products have always been an integral part of the Star Wars fan experience, and they remain a constant force in pop-culture today. To commemorate Lucasfilm’s 50 years of storytelling, we look forward to honoring this consumer products legacy and bringing to life brand-new products, games, and publishing offerings that celebrate our future with Lucasfilm’s exciting feature films and Disney+ series ahead.”
Lucasfilm Award Highlights:
- 180 New York Times Bestsellers from Lucasfilm Publishing
- 38 Academy Awards
- 29 Emmy Awards
- 32 Sci-Tech Awards
- 18 Webby Awards
- 12 awards for ILMxLAB
- BAFTA Game Awards and D.I.C.E. Awards for Lucasfilm Games