- According to Bloomberg, Disney+ had 2.3 million installations of its mobile app over the Christmas holiday. This is a 28% increase from the previous weekend numbers based on information from market-research firm Sensor Tower.
- The Christmas weekend saw the debut of the Disney and Pixar feature film Soul on the service, free to all Disney+ subscribers.
- Soul had a theatrical debut in international markets which brought in around $7.6 million.
- In addition to Soul, December on Disney+ had the movie premiere of Godmothered and the season two finale of The Mandalorian along with other additions to the service.
- January on Disney+ will see the return of Jim Henson Company’s late-night talk show Earth to Ned, Marvel’s WandaVision, and ABC's 90s comedy Dinosaurs.