ABC is heading into the spring season with the premiere of three new shows. Today, the network announced the debut dates for Pooch Perfect, Home Economics and Rebel.
- With 2021 already on a roll, ABC has revealed spring premiere dates for new and returning series. Among the biggest announcements are the debuts of:
- Meanwhile, Station 19, Grey’s Anatomy and A Million Little Things will return with all-new episodes on Thursday, March 11; A Million Little Things will then move to Wednesdays starting April 7.
- Additional premiere dates will be announced at a later time.
- Audiences were also treated to a short teaser of Rebel star Katy Sagal in the title role as well as an introduction about Home Economics from star and executive producer, Topher Grace.
ABC Spring Premiere Dates
*Please note, airdates are as follows (all times listed are Eastern/Pacific)*
Thursday, March 11
- 8:00-9:00 pm Station 19 (new return date)
- 9:00-10:01 pm Grey’s Anatomy (new return date)
- 10:01-11:00 pm A Million Little Things (new return date)
Tuesday, March 30
- 8:00-9:00 pm Pooch Perfect (Series Premiere)
Wednesday, April 7
- 8:30-9:00 pm Home Economics (Series Premiere)
- 10:00-11:00 pm A Million Little Things (new day)
Thursday, April 8
- 10:01-11:00 pm Rebel (Series Premiere)
Pooch Perfect (Series Premiere) – Tuesday, March 30 (8:00-9:00 pm)
- Hosted by award-winning actress Rebel Wilson, Pooch Perfect is a dog grooming competition series. The eight-episode series will showcase 10 of the best dog groomers in the country, along with their assistants, competing in a series of paw-some themed challenges.
- Each week on Pooch Perfect, teams will compete in the Immunity Puppertunity challenge, where one team will earn immunity from elimination. Then, in the Ultimutt Challenge showdown, the remaining teams will face off in an epic grooming transformation, which they will show off on the illustrious dogwalk.
- A trio of all-star celebrity judges – Lisa Vanderpump, Jorge Bendersky and Dr. Callie Harris – will vote on the incredible creations and ultimately force one team back to the doghouse every week.
- It all leads up to the season finale where the top three teams compete for a giant cash prize and the coveted Pooch Perfect first place trophy.
Home Economics (Series Premiere) – Wednesday, April 7 (8:30-9:00 pm)
- Starring and executive produced by Topher Grace, Home Economics takes a look at the heartwarming yet super uncomfortable and sometimes frustrating relationship between three adult siblings: one in the 1%, one middle-class and one barely holding on. The comedy is inspired by the life of writer and executive producer Michael Colton.
The series stars:
- Topher Grace as Tom
- Caitlin McGee as Sarah
- Jimmy Tatro as Connor
- Karla Souza as Marina
- Sasheer Zamata as Denise
- Shiloh Bearman as Gretchen
- Jordyn Curet as Shamiah
- Chloe Jo Rountree as Camila
- JeCobi Swain as Kelvin
Rebel (Series Premiere) – Thursday, April 8 (10:01-11:00 pm)
- Inspired by the life of Erin Brockovich today, Annie Rebel Bello is a blue-collar legal advocate without a law degree. She’s a funny, messy, brilliant and fearless woman who cares desperately about the causes she fights for and the people she loves. When Rebel applies herself to a fight she believes in, she will win at almost any cost.
The series stars:
- Katey Sagal as Annie Rebel Bello
- John Corbett as Grady Bello
- James Lesure as Benji
- Lex Scott Davis as Cassidy
- Tamala Jones as Lana
- Ariela Barer as Ziggie
- Kevin Zegers as Nate
- Sam Palladio as Luke
- Andy Garcia as Cruz