Disney has announced this morning that Main Street Confectionery at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort will be getting a new look and expanded layout. They also announced “shimmering gold leaf” being added to Fantasyland attractions.
- This morning Disney Parks Blog announced changes coming to the Main Street Confectionery at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort in preparation for the resort’s 50th celebration.
- The location will close on March 29 as it receives a new look with an expanded layout giving Guests more ways to customize confections and room to shop.
- During the closure, Main Street Confectionery treats will be available at the Emporium and Main Street Cinema.
- The Chapeau will also be closing for refurbishment at the same time. Disney hats will now be found at Box Office Gifts in Town Square Theater on Main Street U.S.A.
- Collectibles and artwork that would normally be at the Main Street Cinema have moved to Bonjour! Village Gifts over in Fantasyland.
- Along with the Main Street Confectionery announcement, they also stated that “shimmering gold leaf” will start to appear on Fantasyland attractions for the 50th celebration.
Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary, The World’s Most Magical Celebration, will start on October 1, 2021, and span the following 18 months.