The goal of 3,000 pre-orders has been reached for the Walt Disney World 50th license plate to enter production.
- The Orlando Sentinel has reported that the number of pre-orders needed to start production has been reached for the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary license plate.
- They state that as of April 1, the Walt Disney World license plate now has the most pre-orders of all proposed new plates with 3,568 according to the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- Those interested in ordering the new Walt Disney World license plate can purchase a presale voucher now for $25 plus applicable state administration fees exclusively through their local County Tax Collector’s Office, license plate agencies (DMVs) across the State of Florida, or online through the Orange County Tax Collector’s Office.
About the Walt Disney World 50th License Plate:
- The design for the new license plate features the “EARidescent” 50th anniversary castle logo on a royal blue background, inspired by the color scheme of Cinderella Castle.
- This new plate is currently available for presale and 100% of the proceeds will benefit Make-A-Wish of Central and Northern Florida and their work granting wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions.
- Disney has a longstanding relationship with Make-A-Wish, dating back to 1980, and since then, more than 140,000 Disney-inspired wishes have been granted, including thousands taking place at Walt Disney World Resort.