Disney has released a clip from the animated short Us Again which appeared in front of the Walt Disney Animation Studios film, Raya and the Last Dragon.
- Disney has released a clip for the short Us Again that you can watch above. The short was released theatrically with the movie Raya and the Last Dragon.
- You can check out the full short now as Raya and the Last Dragon has released on digital starting today, April 2. If you want to wait for a physical release, the movie will come to Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD, and DVD on May 18.
- Us Again will also see a release on Disney+ when Raya and the Last Dragon is available for all subscribers on June 4.
- Us Again is a vibrant and original new theatrical animated short from director Zach Parrish and dances choreographed by Keone & Mari, that brings together dance, music, and emotional storytelling.
- You can read our review of the short here. Alex gave it 5 out of 5 brown hats.
Along with Us Again and many deleted scenes, Raya and the Last Dragon will have the following bonus features available with the digital and physical release:
- An Introduction to Us Again – Director Zach Parrish takes you behind the scenes of the Walt Disney Animation Studios short.
- Us Again – An elderly man and his young-at-heart wife rekindle their passion for life on one magical night.
- Taste of Raya – Dine along with Kelly Marie Tran and the film’s creative team–virtually–over a Southeast Asian menu inspired by the countries that influenced the film as they discuss their experiences creating the world of Kumandra.
- Raya: Bringing it Home – When the global pandemic of 2020 hit, production of Raya and the Last Dragon moved to the houses of over 450 people. We open a window into their lives and learn how they overcame massive obstacles to make an animated feature from home.
- Martial Artists – Get a kick out of learning about the martial art forms and weapons used in the film as co-screenwriter Qui Nguyen and visual anthropologist Dr. S. Steve Arounsack share the inspiration behind the film’s action-packed elements.
- We are Kumandra – Meet members of the Southeast Asia Story Trust and discover the cultural influences that inspired the film…and how important this representation in a Disney animated film is to the people of the region.
- Outtakes – Step into the homes and behind the mics of the cast of Raya and the Last Dragon as they experience voice-over sessions in closets and shaky internet connections, which made recording this film unlike any other.
- Fun Facts & Easter Eggs – Take a look at some of the hidden surprises and behind-the-scenes secrets of Raya and the Last Dragon.
- The Story Behind the Storyboard with John Ripa – Co-Director John Ripa invites you to get an inside look at his thought process as he pitches a storyboard sequence from the film and talks about his amazing career with Disney Animation.
You can pick up Raya and the Last Dragon on digital today, April 2 and on Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD, and DVD on May 18.
Sign up for Disney+ or the Disney Streaming Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and ad-supported Hulu) now