The most notorious gangster in the galaxy is about to get the spotlight in a tie-in to Marvel Comics’ previously announced Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters comic book crossover event series.
In an announcement made today on StarWars.com, Lucasfilm Publishing revealed that Marvel’s Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters – Jabba the Hutt will be the first of four one-shot (single-issue) titles that will enhance the interconnected story being told across the main Star Wars comic, Star Wars: Darth Vader, Star Wars: Doctor Aphra, Star Wars: Bounty Hunters, and the Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters miniseries that ties it all together.
- Marvel Comics and Lucasfilm Publishing have announced a one-shot Jabba the Hutt tie-in to the upcoming Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters comic book crossover event.
- Jabba the Hutt will be the first of four single-issue tie-ins to War of the Bounty Hunters, which takes place between the events of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi in the larger Star Wars timeline.
- The comic will be written by author Justina Ireland (Star Wars: The High Republic – A Test of Courage) and illustrated by artist Luca Pizzari (Marvel’s Conan the Barbarian).
What they’re saying:
- Writer Justina Ireland: “Getting to work on a comic at Marvel, especially a Star Wars comic about one of the most perpetually under-appreciated criminal masterminds in the whole galaxy, has been a trip,” Ireland tells StarWars.com. “It’s exciting, a little scary, and really makes me wish I could time travel to tell my twelve-year-old self reading comics in the grocery store self ‘All of this will pay off one day.'”
- StarWars.com: “Releasing in July of 2021, the hutt-sized spectacular will lead a series exploring the criminal underworld’s most notorious hunters and scoundrels, all told by the best Star Wars writers and illustrators in the galaxy.”