Some of the stars of the upcoming Disney+ Series, Big Shot, gathered together for an important conversation about girls in sports led by ESPN Personality Elle Duncan, and joined by student athletes around the country.
- Hosted by Elle Duncan, the cast of the upcoming Disney+ original series, Big Shot, has gathered together for a conversation ahead of the show’s debut.
- The cast included for the conversation include:
- Jessalyn Gilsig (Vikings) as Holly
- Nell Verlaque (Secrets in a Small Town) as Louise
- Monique Green as Olive
- Tisha Custodio as Carolyn “Mouse” Smith
- Cricket Wampler as Samantha “Giggles”
- Tiana Le (General Hospital) as Destiny
- The cast was joined by student athletes around the country from the Sports for Life program, including some present for the online conversation.
- The cast discusses the importance of the representation of women in sports, as well as some behind the scenes info about the series, like how when you see the players making the shots in the series, that's not movie magic, that’s skill from the cast.
- They also discuss how, although Coach Korn (John Stamos) is the focus of the show, the team and the dynamic is really what the show is about. They also emphasize that the “demotion” he goes through, going from college coach to high school girls basketball team coach, is a demotion not because of the girls, but because it is a demotion to drop from coaching college sports to high school sports.
- Overall, the conversation between the cast is meant to amplify the importance of uplifting stories about women and girls in sports.
- The series stars John Stamos as Coach Korn, a hotheaded former NCAA coach who takes a job at an all-girl’s high school, Westbrook School for Girls, and you can check out the trailer for the series below:
- Big Shot debuts April 16th on Disney+.