There have been many Disneyland fans who have been waiting over eight hours at this point (and are still waiting) for their chance to enter Disneyland and Disney California Adventure for the first time in over a year, and now Disney has given an update to those eager fans waiting to get their tickets online today.
- The Disneyland Resort opened their reservation and ticketing system earlier today to allow guests (still restricted to California Residents at this time) the chance to purchase tickets for an upcoming visit to the parks that reopen on April 30th.
- The system has been swamped by the pent up demand for the park, and has been a source of trouble for many a park fan today.
- Earlier, all those in the queue online to purchase tickets found their estimated wait time update to just say “recalculating,” likely due to system troubles or failures, though this has not been confirmed by Disney.
- Some folks have even been waiting in the queue for the system since it became available this morning, and at press time, are still waiting, pushing their wait for a Disneyland Ticket well over eight hours at this point.
- As of press time, single day tickets and park hoppers that originate in Disneyland Park are no longer available for April 30th or May 1st, though other dates show availability still, including June 4th, the opening date for the long-awaited Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure.
- Just a short time ago, the system showed a message that read: “We are experiencing high demand given the historic nature of the Disneyland Resort’s reopening. To deliver a strong guest experience, we are deliberately pulsing guests through the system and, therefore, wait times may be several hours or more depending on when you joined the queue. We still have plenty of reservation availability, and we plan to keep the system open throughout the night to accommodate the demand. Please don’t refresh and we will get you through the queue as soon as we can. We know you are just as excited to return to the Disneyland Resort as we are to welcome you back, and we thank you for your patience as we work to accommodate as many guests as possible.