With the finale of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier debuting on Disney+ today, we have learned what we can expect to see next for some of these characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. A fourth Captain America film is reportedly in the works at Marvel Studios, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- Malcolm Spellman, writer and showrunner for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, is set to co-write the script for the fourth Captain America film alongside Dalan Musson, a staff writer on the show.
- No casting news has been reported for the new film at this time, but it seems likely many of the characters from the Disney+ series would carry over.
- While Chris Evans played the title character in the three previous Captain America films, it seems as though he will not be involved in the fourth installment, despite rumors of his return surfacing earlier this year.
- Additionally, no director is currently attached to this reported project. Kari Skogland directed The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
- The series premiered on Disney+ on March 19 and was the most-watched premiere in the streaming service’s short history.
- Prior to The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Spellman was a writer and co-executive producer on the hit Fox series Empire.
- To catch up on everything The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (and perhaps get an idea of what we can expect to see in the fourth Captain America film), check out Mack’s recap of the show’s finale.
- You can watch all six episodes of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+ now.