- Chris Evans himself responded to the reported cited below by tweeting out “News to Me” followed by a shrug emoji.
News to me??♂️
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) January 14, 2021
- Chris Evans famously announced that Avengers: Endgame would be his last time playing Steve Rogers for Marvel Studios, but it sounds like he’s had a change of heart.
- Deadline broke the story today that the A Starting Point co-founder is in negotiations to play the role again, although it’s unlikely to be the starring role in another Captain America film.
- The most likely scenario is Evans portraying Steve Rogers in another character-based film or Disney+ series, similar to the way Robert Downey Jr. stopped playing Tony Stark in Iron Man films but returned for subsequent Avengers projects, Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, premiering March 19th on Disney+, will continue the story of Captain America’s shield, which was handed to Falcon, aka Sam Wilson, at the end of Avengers: Endgame. It’s possible that the series leads into an event that would see the return of the shield’s original carrier.