Leave it to the God of Mischief to completely shake up everyone’s schedule! Marvel shared a video today in which Tom Hiddleston announced that Loki will debut on Disney+ on Wednesdays instead of the usual fridays, with the premiere episode moving up to June 9.
- Loki was previously set to debut on Friday, June 11 but, as Loki himself tells us in the video above, it will bow premiere on Wednesday, June 9 on Disney+.
- Subsequent episodes will then be released on Wednesdays from that point on.
- It’s unclear at this time if this move will impact the release schedules of any other Disney+ projects, though it’s possible the move was made to keep the new Marvel series separate from the recently debuted Star Wars series Star Wars: The Bad Batch as well as the upcoming Marvel film Black Widow, which will debut both in theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access on Friday, July 9.
- In Marvel Studios’ Loki, the mercurial villain resumes his role as the God of Mischief in a new series that takes place after the events of Avengers: Endgame.
- Loki of course returns Tom Hiddleston who will reprise his role as the title character.
- Kate Herron will be directing the series and Michael Waldron is the head writer.
- The most recent trailer for Loki, which can be seen above, features some very interesting images. Mack took a closer look at some of these and what they might mean.
- Tom Hiddleston
- Owen Wilson
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw
- Sophia Di Martino
- Wunmi Mosaku
- Richard E. Grant