Next week, Avengers Campus will make its official debut at Disney California Adventure — including the ride WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. Ahead of the big day, the Disney Parks Blog has revealed that the new attraction will utilize a virtual queue system.
- Starting on June 4th, guests wishing to ride WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure will need to join a virtual queue via the Disneyland mobile app and obtain a boarding pass.
- Boarding pass distribution will occur twice daily, once at 7 a.m. and again at 12 p.m.
- The 7 a.m. release will be available to guests with valid ticket and theme park reservations who are starting their day in Disney California Adventure. Boarding passes for this release can be claimed from anywhere as long as the guest’s park ticket is properly linked.
- Meanwhile, the noon virtual queue release will only be available to those who have entered either Disney California Adventure or Disneyland Park (and have a Park Hopper ticket) by noon.
- Note that Park Hopping is allowed beginning at 1 p.m. each day for guests with this ticket type.
- As with other virtual queue attractions such as Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, joining a boarding group will currently be the only way that guests will have an opportunity to ride WEB SLINGERS as there will be no standby option.
- Speaking of Rise of the Resistance, guests may not hold boarding group passes for that attraction and for WEB SLINGERS at the same time.
- However, with the Disneyland Resort testing a virtual queue for the popular Indiana Jones Adventure attraction, guests may be able to join the virtual queue for Indy as well as either Rise of the Resistance or WEB SLINGERS.
- Once guests receive a push notification letting them know that their boarding group time has come, they’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure.
- Per the Disney Parks Blog, “Access to a boarding group for WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure is subject to availability and not guaranteed. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to sling webs alongside Spider-Man, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.”