In December of 2011, Bioware launched its successful massively multiplayer online roleplaying computer game (MMORPG) Star Wars: The Old Republic, inspired by the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic RPG video games that preceded it.
And this year, in celebration of Star Wars: The Old Republic’s 10th anniversary, the developer has announced an epic new expansion entitled “Legacy of the Sith,” which will continue the game’s storyline in addition to expanding upon and improving a number of play options.
- The popular MMORPG computer game Star Wars: The Old Republic will be getting a major new expansion entitled “Legacy of the Sith” in honor of its 10th anniversary.
- According to StarWars.com, “Legacy of the Sith will continue the game’s storyline, sending players on a military campaign to secure the aquatic planet Manaan for their faction as they uncover the ultimate plan of Darth Malgus, the renegade Sith.”
- The expansion also includes redesigned combat styles, a revamped character creation system with more customization options than ever before, and an overhaul of game elements like balancing of enemy encounters and character loadouts.
What they’re saying:
- Bioware: “Introducing Combat Styles! Players will be able to separate Class Story choice from gameplay for even greater customization over their experience. For example, you could choose the Trooper story and then the Sniper, Powertech, or even Gunslinger Combat Style! Alongside Combat Styles, we’re also introducing Loadouts! These pre-sets will increase your ability to customize, allowing you to swap between playstyles and gear with a click.”
- “The war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire spreads to new worlds as Darth Malgus is on the hunt for ancient relics in our newest storyline. Players are returning to Manaan! Battle for control as you explore underworld facilities with separate Imperial and Republic Storylines and unlock a new base of operations for your faction.”
- “The story continues on the planet Elom with the discovery of a ruined Sith Fortress that was mysteriously erased from all records. Discover why Darth Malgus is on this planet in our newest Flashpoint: “Elom”. Travel into deep space with our new Operation, The R-4 Anomaly, to stop an obscure Sith cult from rebuilding an ancient superweapon of terrifying power!”
- “Announcing Galactic Season: Shadows of the Underworld! Starting in Legacy of the Sith, you can earn new rewards themed around the Underworld Syndicate including Fen Zeil, the first Duros Companion in SWTOR. Starting with Legacy of the Sith, we will be improving the overall player experience in #SWTOR including updated character creation flow and a new look for the user interface throughout our 10 year anniversary celebration.”
“Legacy of the Sith” is scheduled to launch for free to all active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscribers during the 2021 holiday season. For more information be sure to visit Bioware’s official website.