- Disney Parks Blog has shared details on the soundtrack for “Harmonious,” the new nighttime spectacular at EPCOT.
- The soundtrack was produced through more than 100 separate recording sessions in nine different countries and five states. Around 240 musicians, artists, composers, arrangers, cultural consultants, and vocalists contributed to the show.
- The show will feature new interpretations of familiar Disney songs performed in more than a dozen languages.
- Walt Disney Imagineering Senior Music Producer and Creative Director Yaron Spiwak shared a video on Instagram as the team worked to arrange the music.
Artists and Songs in Harmonious
- The show opens with a medley of “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana and “Go the Distance” from Hercules performed by American Idol finalist Danny Gokey and vocalists Elisha Garrett and Ninet Tayeb.
- Luis Fonsi and Mexican singer-songwriter Joy will be heard in pan-Latin versions of songs from Coco and Saludos Amigos.
- “Dig a Little Deeper” from The Princess and the Frog will have a new arrangement with vocals from Bryson Camper and Gospel artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard.
- Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara, and Sanaa Marahati will be heard in musical numbers from Mulan, The Jungle Book, and Aladdin.
- The Ndlovu Youth Choir from Johannesburg contributed to a medley of songs from The Lion King, performed in both English and Zulu.
- French pop singer Damien Sargue sings “Out There” from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Violinists Máiréad Nesbitt and Lindsey Stirling take on the music from Pixar’s Brave.
- The show will end with many of the artists coming together performing one final song.
You can catch “Harmonious” when it debuts on October 1, 2021 as part of Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning