Just a couple of days after the theatrical release of Free Guy, Ryan Reynolds took to Twitter to let us know that Disney is already interested in a sequel for the hilarious new film.
- Reynolds, who produced and starred in 20th Century Studios’ Free Guy, said in a tweet that Disney “confirmed today they officially want a sequel.”
- He did however, also point out the irony of the fact that they had been “messaging Free Guy as an original IP movie” for three years.
- He also used a gif of Taika Waititi’s character from the film and shared his thoughts on what the sequel should be titled.
About Free Guy:
- “In Free Guy, a bank teller who discovers he is actually a background player in an open-world video game, decides to become the hero of his own story…one he rewrites himself. Now in a world where there are no limits, he is determined to be the guy who saves his world his way…before it is too late.”
- Free Guy is directed by Shawn Levy.
- Check out Mike’s review of the new film here.
- Ryan Reynolds
- Jodie Comer
- Lil Rel Howery
- Joe Keery
- Utkarsh Ambudkar
- Taika Waititi
20th Century Studios’ Free Guy is in theaters now.