- Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige stopped by first to talk about what fans can expect to see in this new film. He specifically mentioned the heavy family aspects of the movie, which audiences may not be expecting.
- Produce Jonathan Schwartz stopped by next to talk about the action in the film:
- “It’s big, it’s huge but I think it’s a different flavor from anything we’ve ever tried before.”
- Writer Dave Callaham talked about what they wanted to achieve with this film:
- “This is a movie that happens to star a Chinese Canadian but it is for all asians, it’s for the whole asian diaspora. What we want is just to put a movie out there at just the same scale as a Captain America or Iron Man and show young asian kids, no matter what version of asian they are, that there’s a hero for you, you can be a hero, you’re just the same as everyone else we really want to just have that visibility.”
- Xochitl Gomez, who was previously rumored to be cast in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, showed off just how excited she was to become a part of the MCU. She was also very careful with what she said because, as she pointed out, Kevin Feige was nearby.
- Simu Liu. the star of the new film, was next and he also showed off his excitement for the premiere.
- He specifically pointed out how people will be able to relate to this new film:
- “The struggle between, you know, just constantly feeling like you’re between two worlds and like you don’t truly belong in either. I think that regardless of what your nationality is or where you came from or what language you speak, I think you’re going to watch this film and your’re going to feel the relatability with that.”
- Upon stepping onto the red carpet, Awkwafina drew a big reaction from the fans in attendance as the hosts pointed out that she was the first star cast in this film.
- The star was asked about what it is like to get to join the MCU:
- “I feel really just lucky that I was able to be a part of a movie like this and the cast was amazing as the world will see.”
- She also jokingly discussed some of her experience with some of the stunts from the film, specifically the bus scene we’ve seen in the film’s teasers:
- “They brought me to like a race track,” she said. “Yeah, I mean, it was exhilarating and then I was in a green screen.”
- The red carpet event concluded with a look at a trailer for the film, once again adding to the hype for Marvel fans around the world.
About Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings:
- The story focuses on Shang-Chi’s relationship with his father, who closed him off from the outside world while he trained in the martial arts, only to release him later to do his bidding. Shang-Chi would eventually learn that his father was not the man he thought he was. Now he must confront the past he thought he left behind when he is drawn into the web of the mysterious Ten Rings organization.
Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings comes to theaters on September 3, 2021.