Since opening in 2011, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa has welcomed guests to Hawaii in true Disney style. And one of the most important roles at Aulani comes in the form of its Disney Ambassador program, which gives one unique individual the opportunity to “serve, lead and influence” their fellow Cast Members at the popular destination.
Today, in a post on the Disney Parks Blog, Aulani announced the next ambitious Cast Member to take on the role of Disney Ambassador for Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa: Kanoa Kawai.
- Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa has announced its next Disney Ambassador, Kanoa Kawai.
- Kanoa began at Aulani in 2014, working as an entertainment performer. He then moved into Entertainment Management and eventually settled in Food & Beverage before applying to the Disney Ambassador program.
- The search for Aulani’s next Disney Ambassador began at the beginning of the summer and was led by current Ambassador Alyssa-Lende Kane, who provided information sessions to potential applicants among current Aulani Cast Members. Kanoa went through three rounds of interviews before being selected for the role.
- As part of an Aulani tradition, Kane presented a gift to Kawai of an ‘umeke bowl.
- Aulani first opened to guests in the summer of 2011 and is located on Hawaii’s island of Oahu in the planned community of Kapolei.
- Kanoa Kawai’s role as Disney Ambassador of Aulani will begin in 2022.
What they’re saying:
- Kanoa Kawai: “Being a Disney cast member has changed my life and the direction of my professional career. I have the honor of being part of a company that makes dreams come true. As Ambassador, I look forward to sharing all the warm ‘Aloha’ that you’ll find in each and every one of our Cast Members here at Aulani and the Disney magic.”