Marvel Studios has released the first trailer and poster for the upcoming Disney+ series Hawkeye, premiering on Wednesday, November 24, 2021.
- Marvel Studios dropped a trailer for the upcoming Disney+ series Hawkeye, giving fans a first look at Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld in action.
- In the series, Renner will reprise his role as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, the non-superpowered superhero who fought alongside the Avengers. Renner is joined by Steinfeld who’ll play Kate Bishop, a young archer and second Hawkeye in the comics.
- Joining them will be Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova who fans can see in Black Widow, which contains an interesting end credit scene that will tie back into the series.
Cast News for Hawkeye:
- In addition to Pugh, several other names were announced for the cast late last year, including Vera Farmiga, Fra Fee, Tony Dalton, Alaqua Cox, Brian d’Arcy James, and Zahn McClarnon.
- Farmiga will play Eleanor Bishop, the mother of Kate Bishop. In the comics, Eleanor Bishop has a direct relationship with the villainous Madame Masque. This could be a hint at the villain’s future involvement in the series.
- Fee will portray a character named Kazi, which Variety speculates could be short for Kazimierz Kazimierczak, the name of the villain better known as Clown.
- Dalton will play a character named Jack Duquesne, which is likely a version of Jacques Duquesne or the Avenger known as Swordsman.
- Swordsman has been both a hero and a villain in his comic history and even played a key role in the recent crossover event “Empyre.”
- Cox will play Maya Lopez, also known as Echo, an eventual Avenger and a deaf native American character with photographic reflexes.
- McClarnon will play William Lopez, which is likely to be a take on Maya’s father Willie “Crazy Horse” Lincoln from the comics.
You can catch Hawkeye when it premieres on Disney+ on Wednesday, November 24, 2021.