- Details of the settlement are not known at this time but the bigger news comes from Disney Studios chairman Alan Bergman, who shared his hopefulness for future projects.
- “I’m very pleased that we have been able to come to a mutual agreement with Scarlett Johansson regarding Black Widow,” Bergman said. “We appreciate her contributions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and look forward to working together on a number of upcoming projects, including Disney’s Tower of Terror.”
- Reports of the Tower of Terror film in question first came around in June, when we learned that Johansson would be producing and starring in a film based on the classic Disney Parks attraction.
- Then just a month later, reports came out that Johansson was suing the Walt Disney Company regarding her earnings from Black Widow, due to the film being released on Disney+ with Premier Access in addition to its theatrical release.
- Given the differences between the company and the star, it certainly appeared that film was on its way to being scrapped.
- Now though, thanks to the settlement, it looks like we can plan to see the Hollywood Tower Hotel as the subject of a feature film in the future once again.
What they’re saying:
- Scarlett Johansson: “I am happy to have resolved our differences with Disney. I’m incredibly proud of the work we’ve done together over the years and have greatly enjoyed my creative relationship with the team. I look forward to continuing our collaboration in years to come.”