- StarWars.com revealed the issue #1 cover from E.M. Gist above and made the announcement that the new comic miniseries will debut next year.
- The comic will be written by Ethan Sacks and feature art from Will Sliney, reuniting the creative team behind the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge comic miniseries.
- The new series will span centuries, allowing readers to visit the Halcyon in different points in the Star Wars timeline.
- The series will also feature familiar characters like Lando Calrissian and Hondo Ohnaka and will lead right into the events of the new Walt Disney World experience.
What they’re saying:
- Writer Ethan Sacks: “In the summer of 1977, my life was forever changed as a four-year-old by two experiences that have seared themselves in my brain for all these years: Seeing Star Wars in the movie theater and visiting [Walt] Disney World for the first time. The chance to contribute to the lore of both with Halcyon Legacy, the tale of the ship that will be an integral memory for so many fellow fans, is an incredible honor. And to re-team with my Galaxy’s Edge co-pilot, artist extraordinaire Will Sliney, makes it extra-special. I promise we’ll bake that joy into every page of every issue as we take you on a journey across 275 years of epic adventures, from the High Republic through the time of the First Order. You’re going to enjoy this ride.”
- Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski: “As a life-long Star Wars fan, I’m thrilled to be a part of the team helping bring Halcyon Legacy to life. We’ve all been able to experience Star Wars in so many ways over the years, from watching the films to playing with the toys to reading the comics to even visiting Batuu and drinking at the cantina, but now Walt Disney World is taking things to the next level with this immersive, interactive experience. Our series will get you up to speed on this important part of the galaxy far, far away as you prepare to put on your cloak, pick up your lightsaber and blast off in Orlando.”
About the comics:
- As the legendary Halcyon embarks on a momentous…cruise, the ship heads toward a confrontation with THE First Order!
- But what secret from the High Republic era can help the passengers and crew all these years later?
- And how did Jedi Nibs and Burry fend off a Nihl attack on one of the ship’s first ever voyages?
The Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will open at Walt Disney World on March 1, 2022. Bookings will be available beginning October 28.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning