In celebration of Disney+ Day, a new special from Pixar is now available on Disney+. During this special, we learned some new things about the upcoming series Cars on the Road and Win or Lose which will be coming to Disney+ in 2022 and 2023 respectively.
- The special not only reveals that the Cars-focused series is titled Cars on the Road, but also that Owen Wilson and Larry the Cable Guy will reprise their roles as Lightning McQueen and Mater.
- The Disney+ Twitter account also shared some art from the upcoming series:
Rev your engines: Owen Wilson and Larry the Cable Guy return to voice Lightning McQueen and Mater in the Disney+ original series: Cars on the Road, streaming in 2022! #DisneyPlusDay pic.twitter.com/FzPjjNCbRY
— Pixar (@Pixar) November 12, 2021
- Additionally, the special features some insight from Carrie Hobson and Michael Yates, the directors and writers of Win or Lose.
- They reveal that some of the episodes will focus on “the little brother at the game” or “the star player.”
- We also got a look at some art from the series:
- Both of these series were originally announced last year.
About Cars on the Road:
- Lightning McQueen and Mater are back in their own road trip series! Each episode features a new destination with new characters and old friends, written by Steve Purcell and produced by Marc Sondheimer.
About Win or Lose:
- Pixar’s first original animated series tells the story of a coed middle school softball team during the week leading up to the championship game, with each episode from the point of view of a different character. Written and directed by story artists Carrie Hobson and Michael Yates, and produced by David Lally.
Be sure to follow along for all of our Disney+ Day coverage all day long!