We have a brand new trailer for Steven Spielberg’s upcoming remake of West Side Story showcasing the forming love story that is at the center of the film.
- West Side Story is an adaptation of the 1957 musical of the same name, which explores forbidden love and the rivalry between the Jets and the Sharks, two teenage street gangs of different ethnic backgrounds.
- This brand new trailer showcases the growing love between Tony (Ansel Elgort) and Maria (Rachel Zegler) that is at the center of the story.
- In addition to Zegler and Elgort, West Side Story stars:
- Ariana DeBose (Anita)
- David Alvarez (Bernardo)
- Mike Faist (Riff)
- Josh Andrés Rivera (Chino)
- Ana Isabelle (Rosalía)
- Corey Stoll (Lieutenant Schrank)
- Brian d’Arcy James (Officer Krupke)
- and Rita Moreno as Valentina, who owns the corner store in which Tony works.
- Steven Spielberg shared some thoughts from the set when photography wrapped in 2019.
- On November 10, a new poster for the film was revealed, marking one month until the film's release on December 10.
- Originally set for a December 2020 release, like many other films, West Side Story was delayed even though production had wrapped back in October of 2019.
- Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story arrives in theaters on December 10th, 2021.