According to Variety, Searchlight Studios has nabbed the U.S. rights to Good Luck to You, Leo Grande, a comedy about a widow who hires a sex worker that premiered at this year’s virtual edition of Sundance.
- Emma Thompson stars as a widow seking sexual gratification that was not provided to her during her 31-year-marriage.
- Sophie Hyde (52 Tuesdays) directs Good Luck to You, Leo Grande with Daryl McCormack (The Wheel of Time) starring opposite Thompson.
- The film premiered this past week during the Virtual Sundance Film Festival.
- The indie label is looking to push Oscar-winner Thompson into the awards race and will debut the film exclusively on Hulu.
- This is Searchlight Pictures’ second Sundance acquisition following its purchase of Mimi Cave’s thriller Fresh starring Daisy Edgar-Jones and Sebastian Stan.
More Hulu News:
- Check out Bill’s review of Pam & Tommy, a brilliantly acted show depicting the train wreck of real-life events that audiences will find impossible to look away from.
- The Handmaid’s Tale creator, executive producer and showrunner Bruce Miller has signed a big new overall development deal with ABC Signature and Hulu.
- Maggie, a new single-camera comedy series, will be streaming exclusively on Hulu, after originally being picked up by ABC for the 2021-22 season.