With the official opening of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT now just around the corner, Walt Disney World has provided some more details on how the virtual queue system for the attraction will operate.
- As previously announced, when Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind opens on May 27th, it will be employing a virtual queue in place of a traditional standby queue.
- According to the Disney Parks Blog, there will be two main virtual queue distributions daily: one at 7 a.m. and another at 1 p.m.
- For the 7 a.m. distribution guests with a valid ticket or pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for EPCOT will be able to check for an available boarding group via the My Disney Experience app and request access to the virtual queue without having to enter the park first.
- Then, at 1 pm., there will be another opportunity to join the virtual queue for anyone who wasn’t able to join a boarding group earlier in the day — although guests will need to be inside of EPCOT to be eligible for his second distribution wave.
- In addition to these two standard distribution times, Disney has also announced an additional boarding group opportunity on select nights for select guests.
- Registered guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels will have an additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue at 6 p.m. on certain dates during extended evening theme park hours.
- Notably, guests with this benefit will not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time, but will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours — or, guests may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or annual pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park where they made their reservation.
- Lastly, as previously revealed, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will also be accessible via Individual Lightning Lane purchases.
- However, availability is limited for this option.
More on Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind:
- Curious about what the ride is like? Check out Mack’s review of the experience.
- If you’d like to further spoil yourself, we also have videos from the queue and preshows of the attraction.
- Get your wallets ready and check out some of the merchandise coming to EPCOT as part of the ride’s grand opening.
- Lastly, for a crash course in Xandarian, you can brush up as Mack decodes some of the messages around the queue.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning