- Tiny Beautiful Things stars Kathryn Hahn and is based on Cheryl Strayed’s New York Times bestselling novel.
- Tiny Beautiful Things is a half-hour series about a woman who reluctantly becomes Dear Sugar — an anonymous, revered advice columnist — when her own life is falling apart. Told in multiple timelines with astonishing intimacy, nerve and candor, she excavates the beauty, struggle and humor in her own life to show us that we are not beyond rescue, that it’s our stories that will ultimately save us.
- Wever (Birdman) plays Frankie, the resilient and resourceful single mother of Young Clare and Young Lucas (portrayed by Sarah Pidgeon and Painter, respectively), whose belief in abundance over scarcity, and putting oneself in the way of beauty, transforms her children’s life of poverty and becomes a touchstone for Clare (Hahn) as she takes up the mantle of the anonymous, revered advice columnist, Sugar, in the present.
- Watkins (The Dropout) portrays Amy, an emerging novelist and the decades-long best friend of Clare, whose decision to remain childless and pursue an artistic career has been shaped by a mother loss of her own — though a different kind than Clare’s. And while their friendship is very real, each serves as an in-her-face reminder of the lives they could have had, had they chosen different paths.
- Painter (The Handmaid’s Tale) plays Young Lucas, the younger brother of Clare, whose life veers unexpectedly off-course after the devastating death of their mother, Frankie.
- From ABC Signature, the project reunites Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern and Strayed from their Oscar-nominated collaboration on Wild, and Witherspoon, Tigelaar, and the team at ABC Signature from their Emmy-nominated collaboration on the Hulu series Little Fires Everywhere.
- Liz Tigelaar serves as creator and showrunner.