According to Deadline, Faly Rakotohavana (Secret Society of Second Born Royals) and Jordyn McIntosh (Emancipation) have joined the Onyx Collective comedy series Unprisoned as series regulars.
- Rakotohavana and McIntosh have been cast as series regulars opposite Kerry Washington, Delroy Lindo and Marque Richardson in the upcoming Hulu comedy series Unprisoned.
- Created and executive produced by Tracy McMillan, the series, inspired by her life, is about a messy but perfectionist relationship therapist and single mom (Washington) whose life is turned right-side-up when her dad (Lindo) gets out of prison and moves in with her and her teenage son.
- Rakotohavana will play Finn. Super-logical (a gamer), low-key but hilarious, sweet, smart and hyper-rational, Finn is the son of single mom/family therapist/influencer Paige (Washington). Finn is open hearted and open-minded toward his grandfather, and their relationship becomes a bridge home for Edwin — and a bridge into the world for Finn.
- McIntosh will portray Little Paige. Seven-year-old Little Paige is the personification of grown-up Paige’s Inner Child, she’s the part of Paige untouched by everything that has happened in her life — losing her mother, foster care, a dad in prison. She shows up regularly, speaking directly to us (and to Paige) with a hilarious and incisive wisdom of the all-knowing child.
- Yvette Lee Bowser serves as executive producer and showrunner. Joy Gorman Wettels will executive produce with Anonymous Content. Jen Braeden is also an executive producer.
- The series, which is the first scripted comedy series from the Onyx Collective, is produced by ABC Signature.
Sign up for Disney+ or the Disney Streaming Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and ad-supported Hulu) now