Earlier today during the Walt Disney Company Shareholders meeting, Disney CEO Bob Iger shared an update to the Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana, as well as announced a new live-action project that is taking the internet by storm.
- Today, Disney held its 2023 Annual Shareholders Meeting where CEO Bob Iger shared some exciting updates surrounding Moana and the transformation at EPCOT.
- During the meeting, Iger highlighted many of the parks and resorts division’s newest attractions, with a nod to the future, including one exciting announcement about Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana, at EPCOT.
- The new attraction will give guests the opportunity to playfully interact with water, just as its inspiration, Moana did in the 2016 Walt Disney Animation Studios film.
- With new experiences in World Nature, World Discovery and World Showcase neighborhoods of EPCOT, and great progress being made in World Celebration, the completion of Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana, will bring the park one step closer to the completion of the multi-year transformation of EPCOT, with Communicore Hall remaining.
- The Walt Disney Company is celebrating their 100th anniversary this year, celebrating Disney’s legacy, and the connection fans around the world have with the brand.
- Using the idea of retelling favorite stories in new, innovative ways, Iger also announced that a live-action Moana film is in development from Walt Disney Studios, with Dwayne Johnson reprising his role of Maui. A long-form animated series based on Moana from Walt Disney Animation Studios is also set for a 2023 debut on Disney+.