The first trailer for Disney’s newest animated feature, Wish, debuted this morning on ABC’s Good Morning America.
- Today, Walt Disney Animation Studios released the first trailer for their upcoming film Wish:
- Additionally, a new poster was revealed:
- At CinemaCon 2023, it was revealed that actor Chris Pine will portray King Magnifico, the ruler of Rosas, a magical kingdom where wishes really do come true.
- Wish introduces Asha (Ariana DeBose), a sharp-witted idealist who makes a wish so powerful that it is answered by a cosmic force—a little ball of boundless energy called Star. Together, Asha and Star set out to prove that when the will of one courageous human connects with the magic of the stars, wondrous things can happen.
- Also featuring the voice of Alan Tudyk as Asha’s favorite goat, Valentino, the film is helmed by Oscar-winning director Chris Buck (Frozen, Frozen 2) and Fawn Veerasunthorn (Raya and the Last Dragon), produced by Peter Del Vecho (Frozen, Frozen 2) and co-produced by Juan Pablo Reyes (Encanto).
- Jennifer Lee (Frozen, Frozen 2) executive produces—Lee and Allison Moore (Night Sky) are writers on the project.
- With original songs by Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter Julia Michaels and Grammy-winning producer/songwriter/musician Benjamin Rice, plus score by composer Dave Metzger, Wish opens only in theaters on November 22nd, 2023.
What They’re Saying:
- Director Chris Buck: “Our heroine, Asha, lives in Rosas, known as the kingdom of wishes. People come from everywhere to give their wishes to a magical king who promises to grant their deepest desires—someday. Only he can decide which wishes will come true and when.”
- Director Fawn Veerasunthorn: “We have been inspired by so many iconic films over Disney Animation’s 100 years, especially stories where we explore the power of someone with a wish, combined with the conviction to make that wish come true. Being able to honor that legacy with this incredible story and these amazing characters has been a joy for our entire team.”