- 3/7/2019: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open at DLR on May 31
- 3/7/2019: Disney shares new concept art for the Milk Stand, Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo and more
- 2/27/2019: Disneyland reveals shopping locations coming to Galaxy’s Edge
- 2/27/2019: Disneyland reveals new merchandise and shops for Galaxy’s Edge
- 2/27/2019: Disneyland reveals new food and beverage options at Galaxy’s Edge
- 2/26/2019: Disneyland reveals new Galaxy’s Edge costumes during Cast Member event
- 1/31/2019: Disney shares behind the scenes look at Galaxy’s Edge construction (video below)
- 1/24/2019: Details revealed about Project Stardust
- 1/4/2019: New information on attractions, merchandise and more
- 12/25/2018: Disney Parks Parade sneak peek including first look at ride vehicles in action!
The largest settlement on the planet Batuu, Black Spire Outpost is an infamous stop for traders, adventurers, and smugglers traveling around the Outer Rim and Wild Space. Off the beaten path, this outpost has become a haven for the galaxy’s most colorful — and notorious — characters. Widely known for the petrified remains of its once towering ancient trees, the spires now stand guard across the river valleys and plains and have long captured the imagination of travelers to this planet. To the first settlers, these petrified spires became more than just landmarks; they became the heart of the outpost itself.
Earlier this year, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge details were revealed at a special panel discussion at Star Wars Galactic Nights. Imagineer Margaret Kerrison revealed the name of the village would be Black Spire Outpost, and continued to share the backstory of the planet.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will pull fans into this wonderfully immersive land that brings beloved (and new) Star Wars characters and experiences to life. Guests can board the Millennium Falcon with fellow smugglers and attempt to complete their mission without a hitch…but chances are things won’t go so smoothly. Those looking to just observe for a while can step into Oga’s Cantina where all sorts of colorful characters like to hide out. Finally, discover first hand what it’s like to join the Resistance and become part of an epic battle with the First Order.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will officially open on May 31, 2019. However, the Disney Parks Blog notes that the land will be opening in two phases. Guests will be able to experience Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run when the land opens, and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction will come at a later date.