Oscar-winner Brendan Fraser is set to star in Searchlight Pictures’ upcoming film Rental Family, according to Deadline.
- Rental Family follows a down and out actor living in Tokyo, who is hired as a token American guy for a Japanese rental family company, leading him on an unexpected journey of self-discovery through the roles he plays in other people’s lives.
- The film is set to be directed by Beef’s Hikari, who also co-wrote the film’s script with Stephen Blahut.
- Hikari has been developing the project since 2019 and will produce along with Shin Yamaguchi as well as Eddie Vaisman and Julia Lebedev of Sight Unseen Productions.
- Production on Rental Family is set to begin this spring in Japan.
- After taking a break from the industry, Fraser has had a recent career renaissance, winning the Best Actor Oscar for The Whale in 2023.
More Disney Movie News:
- Go behind the scenes of Wish in our interview coverage that includes a look at the music by Julia Michaels, how the film honors 100 years of Disney Animation history, plus a few Easter Eggs you might find when you see the film starting November 22nd.
- The Walking Dead star Steven Yeun is reportedly set to play The Sentry in Marvel’s Thunderbolts.
- 20th Century Studios released a first look at its upcoming psychological thriller The First Omen.