Could Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean franchise be getting a reboot? According to Deadline, Disney is in talks with the writers of Deadpool to breath new life into the popular series.
- Deadline reports that Disney is in early talks with writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick to pen a script for a Pirates of the Caribbean reboot.
- Reese and Wernick are best known for their work on Deadpool, Deadpool 2 and Zombieland.
- Should the Pirates reboot progress to the next stages, Jerry Bruckheimer would be involved in production.
- No word on whether or not Johnny Depp or any other cast members would be returning for more adventure on the high seas.
- Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise launched in 2003 with Curse of the Black Pearl and continued with four more movies through 2017.
- The franchise has earned over $4.5 billion over the last 14 years.
More Disney Pirates:
- Before it was ever a film franchise, Pirates of the Caribbean was (and still is) a water attraction at Disney Parks around the world.
- This past year, the ride’s infamous auction scene was updated and now features the Redheaded Bride as a pirate named Redd.
- Along with the updates to the attractions, Disneyland introduced a Redd the Pirate walk-around character this past summer.