- Disneynature Elephant will premiere on Disney+ on April 3rd, 2020, in celebration of Earth Month.
- “Elephant follows African elephant Shani and her spirited son Jomo as their herd make an epic journey hundreds of miles across the vast Kalahari Desert. Led by their great matriarch, Gaia, the family faces brutal heat, dwindling resources and persistent predators, as they follow in their ancestor’s footsteps on a quest to reach a lush, green paradise.”
- The film is narrated by Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex.
- Elephant is directed by Mark Linfield, co-directed by Vanessa Berlowitz and Alastair Fothergill, and produced by Mark Linfield, Vanessa Berlowitz and Roy Conli.
- In celebration of the release of Elephant, Disneynature and the Disney Conservation Fund are supporting Elephants Without Borders, an organization working in Botswana to ensure people and elephants thrive.
- April 3rd is also the premiere of the first Disneynature Disney+ Exclusive, Dolphin Reef, narrated by Academy Award-winning actress Natalie Portman.
- “Dolphin Reef follows Echo, a young Pacific bottlenose dolphin who can’t quite decide if it’s time to grow up and take on new responsibilities. Dolphin society is tricky, and the coral reef that Echo and his family call home depends on all of its inhabitants to keep it healthy. But Echo has a tough time resisting the many adventures the ocean has to offer.”
- Dolphin Reef is directed by Keith Scholey, who also directed Disneynature Bears.
- Disneynature Penguins will also debut on Disney+ on April 3rd.
- In addition, behind-the-scenes documentaries on all three films will join Disney+ that day: In the Footsteps of Elephant, A Life on the Edge and Diving with Dolphins.
Celebrate Earth Month with National Geographic on Disney+: